Parish Custodian - PT
DEPARTMENT: Building Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Maintenance/Pastor
The Custodian position performs custodial maintenance duties, including but not limited to dusting, mopping, finishing and buffing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning and restocking restrooms in the school, church, Parish Office, and the rectory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects and cleans walls for graffiti and markings
- Cleans church restrooms
- Cleans restrooms, vacuums carpeted areas and dusts all
- Cleans kitchen sink, counters, coffee maker, and microwave in Parish Office
- Empties trashcans in public areas; vacuums all floors in public areas, cleans front office doors and windows in Parish Office and modular office on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Dusts all furniture in public areas, mops kitchen, bathrooms and front office entrance floors, cleans bathrooms and windowsills in public areas in Parish Office and modular office
- Wipes out refrigerator, wipes baseboards, dusts blinds and ceiling corners, vacuums along baseboards and in corners in Parish Office and modular office at least once a month
- Upon request of the occupant of individual offices: empties trashcans, vacuums floors, dusts furniture, cleans windowsills, waters plants
- Cleans restrooms & assists with cleaning in the rectory twice a week as scheduled with Pastor
- Performs monthly, semiannual, or annual janitorial duties and projects as directed by the Director of Maintenance and in accordance with maintenance schedules
- Secures and stores all cleaning supplies and equipment after completion of cleaning
- Vacuums as early as possible in public office areas so as to avoid undue noise during telephone conversations and meetings during regular office hours
- Maintains an OSHA and Parish Maintenance Department approved supply of furniture polish, Windex, all-purpose cleaners, cloths in a closet accessible to staff members
- Orders all needed supplies through Parish Maintenance Department
- Maintains all cleaning equipment in a safe and working order
- Uses only approved cleaning products and cloths for computer and electronic equipment
- Must possess necessary janitorial skills and knowledge
- Ability to perform outlined tasks with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with cleaning/janitorial equipment and supplies and their safe use and storage
- Ability to work with a variety of constituents including children
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all office records which may be accessible in individual offices
- Must have good organizational skills
- Computer skills are desirable
- Valid driver’s license with a record of safe operation of motor vehicles
- Must possess the ability to work well with other departments and staff
- Must be courteous and flexible in approach to work
- Must demonstrate respect for the traditions and teachings of the Roman Catholic faith
Position may require lifting and exposure to chemicals, dust, dirt, and bacteria.
The position may require reporting to work before or after regular office hours.
Tasks must be performed according to the time frame provided so as to avoid the spread of undesirable smells, bacteria, rodents, and/or insects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.